Saturday, March 14, 2009

Chess.com - Review Part 2

I made a post reviewing this site about 6 months ago.

Original Review Here

Initially I had thought that their live chess was something new and had problems. Going back through their forums though this has been an ongoing problem for over a year or so as of my first post on the site.

I quit using their live chess back in October because of the fact that it booted you or your opponent 20% of the time. A friend told me they had made changes to this and to come back and try the site.

2 Days and about 30 games later I have to say....

Same Problem..... Of the 30 Games I played I had 5 where I was disconnected and 2 where I lost my opponent in the middle of the game. I have to say I was disappointed all over again.

They tout the International Masters and Grand Masters they have working for the site now and the number of people registered with them. I would think that after 2 years they could actually have the part of the site that over 1000 people are trying to do at any one time actually work.

One really has to wonder how many paying accounts they would have by now if this site actually worked. Maybe in another 6 months I will try it again, but honestly if after 2 years they don't care about this part of their site, I'm not holding my breath.

Chess.com has a pretty amazing site as of 2011. The Reviews above were both from several years ago. If you love chess it is definitely a place to go.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I had the same issues early on, but, afaict, this not a problem at all as of 2011.